Search This Blog

Saturday 8 April 2017

Newcrest Revamped - No background houses and props UPDATED!









After 4 weeks I am ready to share this with everyone! I've always wanted an empty world without all the background clutter of EA's houses and props and now I have one! Inspired by Brennachan who started the awesome Post Apocalyptic Murkland Challenge I created Newcrest Revamped, otherwise known as Nukecrest.

This is a default world which means it WILL replace EA's Newcrest world, removing all the background houses, City Skyline, Props and some trees which I thought looked out of place. If you want the world to return to normal, just remove my files. 

I have tested it in a vanilla game as well as my current game and it will not affect the houses that EA made for your sims to live in ONLY the background houses. So if you want those houses gone you still have to bulldoze them to give you a completely empty world. This world is made for simmers who like to play in a separate save file for off the grid challenges. I would love to recolor the roads but it seems like it can not be done!

This default also affects Willow Creek and the background houses in Oasis because EA has cloned the background houses in these three worlds BUT it won't affect the other worlds. My main aim here was to open up Newcrest for the Murkland challenge.

I have tested and tested this BUT if there is any problems please let me know.

There are two folders in the download, the one (Newcrest Revamped) has seven merged package files that remove all the background houses, props etc. The other (Prop Recolors) has the recolors like the traffic lights, fire hydrant etc which I have NOT merged in case you want to remove any of them. Unzip the folders and place the files in your Documents, Electronics Arts, Mods folder.

Do not try to merge the background prop files, they are already merged!!

 I recommend using Dani-Paradise's Autumn Mod which looks incredible in Newcrest. I use it and I love it!

EDITS:
 I have NOT removed the props in Oasis Springs only the background houses as plasticbox over at MTS has a Mod called Empty Props-Oasis Springs which I am currently using so I don't feel it would be fair to do so.

There was an issue with a set of houses not being removed in Oasis Springs in the Arid Ridge neighborhood which I have fixed.




About the above pics, I hope I can explain this properly. Somehow this painting from the scientist microscopic collection attached itself to this venue in Newcrest, Fern Park neighborhood in the top pic.  So, when I deleted the venue the painting stayed behind and I had no choice but to remove it!  That means if you are an avid collector these set of paintings will not show.  So you have a choice of playing in an empty world or have your sim stare at a collection of paintings on the wall.  I am sorry, but there was no way around this!

I do not anticipate any other problems but if anyone notices something please let me know.
Please download the package files again and remove the old ones from your Mods folder. My apologies for the inconvenience.


Download Below:

Newcrest Revamped


CREDITS:
Sims4Studio  I would never have been able to do this without them!
Gimp
Google for images
EA for their World

TOU:
Do not upload to ANY paysites
If you feel you can better this in any way please feel free to do so all I ask is that you mention me as I've worked so many hours on this project.

A special thank you to my awesome Facebook Salamanders who encouraged me when I wanted to give up on this, it took me editing nearly 300 files to accomplish this and they encouraged me to carry on. Brennachan for her awesome Post Apocalyptic Murkland challenge and my dear friend Lisa who beta tested this for me and took the time to place lots and made it look awesome!

32 comments:

  1. Kym, Amazing world! You are truly gifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Kym .. a labor of love and we all get to share in it <3 TY so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Lisa. Thank you for encouraging me not to give up. You are truly an awesome friend! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, wonderful!!! I was looking for something like this, because I don´t like the EA backgrounds and was looking for an empty world!!! Incredible!!! Thanks so much for making it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments like this make my work so much more worthwhile! Then my labour was not in vain lol. Thank you so much. I am so glad you like it. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing work! This must have been such a time-consuming project.
    Hats off to your eye for detail and persistent dedication! *runs off to download your new mod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Oshizu. It took a loooong time. But in the end it was so worth it. I am so glad you like it! ☺

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to bother you with such a noob question, but do I "Enable Script Mods"?
      I'm really excited to see what everything looks like!

      Delete
    3. No question is ever a noob question. No it's not a script mod but a default replacement so make sure you enable custom content and Mods in your game settings under "other" and you set to go. ☺

      Delete
  7. That's fantastic! I haven't played with script mods since the City Living update.
    Again, thank you so much for all of your hard work. I made a separate game folder when I started my Murkland challenge and now I can't wait to see your Newcrest Revamped in action!
    (Plus all of your amazing murky objects!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally steer clear of script Mods lol. You're welcome. I can hear the excitement in your text, if that makes sense lol. Have fun!

      Delete
  8. you don't know how much I appreciate this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST downloaded it and going to install. Truly wonderful creation Kym! <3 THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yw. Thank u. Any feedback, ideas, improvements or anything you can think of would be welcome. ❤

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to try this out! Question, tho... Since this is a mod (cc), say that we build on any of the lots. Will *our* lot then become cc??

    I *definitely* have to get the Autumn mod. I have seen it in MTS, but never got it. And seeing it in YOUR mod.... OH YEAH!

    Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy. No they will not be considered CC.The world is still the same just the background clutter has gone. 😊

      Delete
  11. Hey I love this mod, but it affects the background buildings in Oasis Springs, particularly the lots that are 40x30 and 50x50 their background buildings have a weird red texture I don't know why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Emile. I have noticed that. I will be posting an update soon which will remove those.

      Delete
  12. Hi. I have updated the Mod, Please download it again and add it to your Mods folder. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have being looking for something like this. This is perfect for PlantSim neightborhood. I know there is one of Oasis Spring without the background props.. I hope someone does willow creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Newcrest Revamped also removes background houses and props in Willow Creek. ☺

      Delete
  14. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I, too, have been looking for this. Perfect for my Newcrest story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I will be doing Windenburg next and maybe San Mashino ☺

      Delete
  15. Squee! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!!! I can now play my nice tribe of dark-elf refugees.

    Totally cosmetic and aside, but I don't suppose there's any way to turn the vast, empty stone lots left over to grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Eliza. Those also irritate me but as yet I haven't figured out how to remove them. They spoil the whole look but I will keep working on it. ☺ Btw I love elves too ❤

      Delete
  16. Sharing this again on our FB page as well as on Twitter. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Brenna and for your amazing challenge! ❤️

      Delete
  17. Hi!
    I just downloaded this today. Loving the clean slate that it give you. Ive noticed that I cant see my entire neighborhood when Im on a lot. Im wondering if Seasons is interfering with this mod is some way? Ill check back here for replies :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete